To Whom I May Concern® FACILITATOR TRAINING PROGRAM
NOVEMBER 2-3, 2017
We are pleased to announce that the next Facilitator Training Program is open for applicants for Fall, 2017.
This is your opportunity to bring To Whom I May Concern® to your local community by becoming a trained facilitator and working with a Sharing Group of people living in the early stages of dementia in your community.
What You Will Learn at the To Whom I May Concern® Facilitator Training
By taking the To Whom I May Concern® facilitator training, you will learn how to:
- Form a Sharing Group of people in the early stages of dementia in your community
- Start a conversation with the group about their lived experience of dementia
- Listen actively to their shared stories
- Write a script that incorporates the stories you have heard
- Organize a local performance
- Support people with dementia to live well in your community
During the two days of intensive training, we will provide you with the tools you will need to capture the stories of people living with dementia. A big focus is on listening without assumptions. No matter how much you think you know about dementia, you’ll learn how to suspend that knowledge so that you can listen with fresh ears.
You will also have a chance to meet with people living with dementia who have participated in To Whom I May Concern® performances locally.
From stories to script to performance, after the Two-Day Intensive you will be ready to return home, eager to invite people living with dementia to share their experience and educate those who care about them.
What the To Whom I May Concern® Facilitator Training Includes
Training begins with two intensive days, followed by ongoing education and guidance via video conference sessions.
Two-Day Intensive Training
The first two days of training, which takes place November 2-3, 2017 in Stamford, CT, include:
- Interactive workshops
- Experiential exercises
- The opportunity to work closely with people with dementia who have previously been part of To Whom I May Concern® projects
- A script writing exercise and mini-performance
- The chance to join the Stamford community in experiencing a full To Whom I May Concern® performance on the evening of November 2.
When you are ready to start meeting with a Sharing Group of people with dementia, we will have six video conference meetings with you for guidance, support, and encouragement. We will assist you through the steps of the To Whom I May Concern® process: Invitation, facilitating the Sharing Groups, Script Writing, and Performance preparation.
To Whom I May Concern® Instructors
To Whom I May Concern® Facilitator Training Course Cost
- 2-day In-person Intensive
- Community performance of To Whom I May Concern®
- Ongoing Education / Guidance via video conferencing with the course instructors
- Course materials
- Lunch both days
- $450.00 (US Dollars) per person
- $350.00 (US Dollars) per person for the second, third, fourth person etc. from the same organization
Training Location, Accommodations, and Getting to Stamford, CT
Stamford, CT is located approximately 90 minutes north of New York City and just a short train ride from Manhattan! Consider taking this opportunity to visit the Big Apple on the weekend after the two-day training.
The two days of To Whom I May Concern® Facilitator Training will take place in the meeting center of the First Congregational Church, 1 Walton Place, Stamford CT.
The following Stamford hotels are a short taxi ride to the meeting center:
- Stamford Marriott Hotel & Spa
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Stamford
- Hotel Zero Degrees, Stamford
- Crowne Plaza Stamford
The closest airports to Stamford are as follows. Ground transportation via shared cab service and public transportation (Metro-North trains) are available:
Click here to register and pay by credit card or PayPal.
To pay by check, please contact us. Checks are made payable to: To Whom I May Concern, Inc
Mailing address: 279 Glenbrook Rd, Stamford, CT 06906
For More Information
For more information, please contact us.