Health Insurance Companies Political Contributions
Contributions from the health insurance and pharmaceutical industries nonetheless make up a miniscule fraction of the money raised by democratic presidential hopefuls.
Health insurance companies political contributions. Exhibit 2 political contributions from the health and insurance industries by sector type of contributor and political party of recipient 1990 source. Four big insurance companies blue cross blue shield unitedhealth group cvs health and cigna and their employees have given about 4 5 million collectively in campaign contributions in. The fact that four companies accounted for fully 26 percent of the giving by their industry however does stand out.
Health and life insurers seem to spend the most on lobbying efforts while property casualty companies spend more on parties political action groups pacs and individual candidates. Nationwide health insurance companies and health maintenance organizations hmos gave nearly 32 3 million at the state level from 2005 through 2008. The two industries donated a combined 26 2 million in campaign contributions to the current members of the 111th congress.
From health insurance companies between 2011 and 2016 than. Combined the 2020 democrats have raised less than 600 000 from those in the two industries less than 1 percent of the total haul so far. Health insurance money politics campaign contributions health insurance campaign finance money american politics american political campaign contributions presidential campaign contributions.
The four major companies aren t alone in political giving. The presidential candidate put out a no health insurance and pharma money pledge that bars knowingly taking contributions of more than 200 from political action committees lobbyists and. Health life property and car insurance companies agents and brokers are all included in the insurance industry which is a major contributor to federal campaigns hmos which are not included in this industry are profiled separately in the health sector in the 2012 election cycle the insurance industry contributed a record 58 7 million to federal parties and candidates as well as.
- Are Insurance Companies Essential In California
- Are Insurance Companies Essential Workers
- Assurance Wireless July 2020
- Best Insurance Companies In The United States
- Car Insurance Companies Giving Discounts For Coronavirus
- Car Insurance Companies For Bad Credit
- Best Insurance Companies For Home And Auto 2019
- Car Insurance Quotes Las Vegas Nevada
- Brp Card National Insurance Number On Brp
- Assurance Wireless Sign In To Network
- Auto Insurance Companies London Ky
- Are Insurance Companies Essential
- Car Insurance Options Ontario
- Are Insurance Companies Essential In Nj
- Are Insurance Companies Essential In Texas
- Assurance Wireless Top Up Card
- Auto Insurance Companies Edmonton Alberta
- Cheap Insurance Companies Mn
- Bi County Insurance Galesburg Il
- Car Insurance Companies El Paso Tx