Rx Bin On Insurance Card
Issued bin rxbin and processor control number rxpcn may be printed on the same line.
Rx bin on insurance card. This information is left margin justified. According to pharmacy tech resources the term was carried over from the early days of electronic banking jargon 2 the bin used today is a 5 digit number that tells a pharmacist which company will reimburse them for the cost of the prescription and where to send. If you take a look at your or a friend s insurance card you ll notice that it features the same numbering convention.
Your 1 member id number 2 rx bin 3 pcn and 4 group id or rx group number are the four numbers that uniquely identify you and your medicare part d prescription drug plan and these four numbers are usually found on your medicare part d member id card and most of you medicare plan correspondence or printed information such as your plan s welcome letter and evidence of coverage. Bin bank identification number. Despite the name banks are not involved in the insurance billing process.
However the pharmacy industry uses the rxbin required rxpcn situational and rxgrp situational. All pharmacies use rx bin and group numbers for processing prescription drug claims. The rx bin is used to identify how a prescription drug will be reimbursed and where a pharmacy can send a reimbursement claim to your rx bin is a 6 digit number.
Processor control number pcn. Rx bin refers to bank identification number which basically routes electronic pharmacy insurance claims in the right general direction. The purpose of the card issuer id is to have a unique identifier for all health plans.
The acronym bin was established in the banking industry and carried over to the health insurance industry when cards were. If you cannot find a rx bin on your health insurance card please give your. Rx bin banking identification number your pharmacist will use this number to process your prescription.
That seems like a lot of information to pack onto a little rectangle and. A number that tells the pharmacy database which pbm is to receive the claim for a particular prescription. The bin or bank identification number on your health insurance card is a six digit number that tells the computer database at the pharmacy which health insurance provider is to receive the claim for your prescription.
- Insurance Quotes Online Texas
- Insurance Marketplace Rochester Ny
- Insurance Plans In Georgia
- Insurance Quote Geico Car
- Insurance Names For Companies
- Insurance License Testing Centers California
- Insurance Self Employed Deduction
- Insurance Special Investigations Unit
- Insurance Premium Withholding Tax
- Insurance Quotes Online Car
- Insurance Quote Online Comparison
- Insurance Verification Manager Salary
- Insurance Rates By Color Of Car
- Insurance Premium Speeding Ticket
- Insurance Training San Diego
- Insurance Premium Expired Adjusting Entry
- Insurance License Lookup Delaware
- Insurance Quotes State Farm
- Insurance Rates With Points
- Insurance License Check Texas